Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I love to travel....

Let me start off by saying I'm staying at the Ritz Carlton in Amelia Island on the company dime and I really miss my family, but the material when you travel is always gold. At least when I travel it seems to be. Despite the relative plethora of decent choices we had for dinner the boss thought that Applebees would be a good idea. To quote a recent Saturday Night Live, Really?, Really? Please do not read further if you like Applebees. I don't just mean this post, I mean any of the blog. If you like Applebees then we are probably not good friends and you shouldn't be interested or concerned in my family stories anyway.

Now that we got that disclaimer out of the way, wow. Quick summary of the setting. As we walk in, the couple before us sits at a table and chooses to sit on the same side of the booth. Classic. Especially because there were already 3 other couples sitting on the same side of the booth. I recognize that its probably vacation and you want to be close to your honey, but isn't it so much more awkward to turn your head at a 90 degree angle than to just sit across from them? Seriously, same side of the booth is a no no. O.k., next, the two guys in the booth next to us are blatently speaking French and it's so random yet awesome because they are drinking Heinekens. French speaking German drinking. Those Europeans are so hip. If you are young you will not get the next reference, but the stunt double for Wilford Brimley was absolutely mauling some ribs at a high top about 20 feet from us.

I recognize any one of these events is most certainly not newsworthy, but as a cornucopia displayed on the Thanksgiving table that is the Amelia Island Applebees, it was quite a sight.

For the record, if you like Applebees, sit on the same side of the booth, and are of French descent please discontinue use of this blog and seek humor and entertainment elsewhere. Most likely in the form of the USA Today funnies or at the thought of fighting in a war.

Because I'm at an insurance convention I have no doubt that I will have more material very shortly. Good night and God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. There is one exception to the sitting on the same side of the booth rule: The ONLY reason, and I do mean ONLY reason, a couple should sit on the same side of the booth is if a significant sporting event is showing on the big screen television in a restaurant, and the best viewing potential for both partners is from one side of the booth...it happens, trust me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, you're absolutely killing me here...I'm mean killing me!!!

    BEKUH....WHUT!

    ReplyDelete