Sunday, May 17, 2009

My weekly pet peeve


This is a segment that will begin to explain some of the shortcomings of the general public that really tick me off.  I was ridiculed often as a grade schooler and high schooler and as a result, I have developed quite a short fuse with others and an innate ability to pick out others flaws.  The good news for you is that its my shortcoming, but you will no doubt agree with most of these while I take the blame for posting them.

O.k. here goes.  Elevators.  I know that until you have a real job and a relatively large office you can't be expected to know all the nuances that come with an extended elevator journey to the tops of the business world.  However, who the "F" doesn't know to wait for people to get out first before others get on?  Seriously, the doors open and you wait 3 to 6 seconds depending upon the number of exiters and now you can board.  What kind of clown are you that I have to shift my walking from north south to east west to make room for Mr. In A. Hurry to get on the elevator.  Just wait.  

Also, if you get on the elevator to go up one flight, I am officially giving myself the authority to hurl overweight insults at you for the short journey or better yet, I might decide to just punch you in the face.  

Please no posts about how insensitive  I am, just post about how right I am and how much you agree with me that elevator ethics abusers should be reprimanded.  Sam thinks that we should just give em the mean face as illustrated here.

Til we meet again, happy complaining.

4 comments:

  1. worse than that...the I'm too busy mom who tries to get her stroller into the elevator as you try to exit with your stroller or who blocks the entire way, so you have to mow her over to get out of the elevator
    -amy gunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed quite a few laughs reading your posts! I'm glad I stumbled upon y'all. Your kids are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing you as I do, I was a bit surprised that you didn't touch upon the dreaded "elevator farters" that rip one just before they get off on their floor and you get on and...Hey...wait a minute.. that's you ain't it !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Meesh suggested to Brinkerton, you guys should write an elevator etiquette manual.

    ReplyDelete